Your privacy and responsible use of information
Types of personal information we collect
The types of personal information we collect will vary depending on your dealings with Executive Business Finance Pty Ltd and the products, services and benefits we (or our agents, financial institutions, contractors and third parties) provide to you, or a request or inquiry you make in relation to such products, benefits and services. This information may include but is not limited to your name, address(es), telephone number(s), electronic address(es), date of birth, gender, Rates Notice(s), Drivers Licence(s), credit history, current and previous finance loans, ASIC reports, Financial Statements, Tax Returns, transaction details relating to your use of our products and services, any benefits you obtain from your Finance Contract, any of the above information in respect of directors, partners, secretaries, associates of your business or your family members, other personal details and any preferences you tell us about.
We may collect sensitive information to allow us to provide our services more effectively to you but only if you provide express consent at the time it is provided. Information may also be collected whenever a page is accessed on our website that records information such as the time, date and specific page. We may also gather such information for statistical and maintenance purposes that enables us to continually evaluate our website performance. Some parts of our website may also use "cookies". A "cookie" is a small text file that is placed on your computer’s hard drive by a web page server. Cookies store information about the use of our website and are used to identify new or previous visitors to the website and what pages have been accessed. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies, but this function can usually be disabled if you wish and doing so will not affect your ability to use a website.
Why we collect personal information
Generally, we collect and use personal information about customers to provide a range of products, services and benefits to clients relating to their business and equipment finance needs. We also collect personal information to assist in identifying ways in which we can serve you better, such as providing our products and services to you more effectively, and to assist our internal administration and operations including accounting, risk management, record keeping, archiving, systems development and testing, and staff training.
How we collect information
Generally, we collect personal information directly from you, such as when you request a product or service, in the course of providing you with that product or service, or when you have other dealings with us.
We may collect and update that information over the phone, over the Internet, in person, when you write to us or if you participate in our marketing campaigns. We may also collect personal information through third parties such as:
• our related companies;
• accredited financial institutions;
• our business partners who provide member benefits;
• data washing organisations and postal service providers, including Australia Post.
Storage and protection of personal information
We store personal information in a combination of secure computer storage facilities and paper-based files and other records. In so doing, we have taken numerous steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. These steps include; lockable filing cabinets, anti virus software and firewall protection. Additionally we take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information when we no longer need it. We impose strict requirements of security and confidentiality on all third parties as to how they store, handle and deal with your personal information.
How we use personal information
We may use and disclose your personal information for a variety of purposes in connection with servicing you as a client in relation to our business operations. These include:
• processing and administering your dealings with us as a client, associate, financial institution, supplier or contractor;
• providing you with the products and services you have requested from us;
• developing processes, products, services and benefits to better meet your needs;
• disclosing your information for use by relevant parties in connection with our services and conducting market research and marketing our products and services to you more generally.
We may also use your personal information to offer or provide you with loyalty benefits, discounts or other information about such schemes that may be operated by us or third parties. This includes:
• providing your personal information to financial institutions, insurance companies and to our other business partners, to give you information and offers about products and services offered by us or these companies;
• obtaining details about how you acquire and use our products, services and benefits;
• rewarding clients for utilising our products and services through mechanisms such as discounts, special pricing offers and prizes; and
• targeting appropriate marketing of products and services to you.
We may provide your personal information to our agents, financial institutions, insurers, contractors or related companies for the purposes of, or in connection, with the supply of products and services to you and for the same purposes above.
If you do not wish to receive marketing information from Executive Business Finance Pty Ltd, please use the contact details below to update your preferences. Please note that if you make such a request:
• we may still need to use your personal information to provide you with the services and products you have requested as a client; and
• it may not be possible for us to immediately action a request to cease receiving any or all marketing material. However, we will respond to such requests as soon as practicable and will make all reasonable efforts to promptly activate a change in preference to opt out of receiving future marketing material.
We will not sell or rent your personal information without your consent and Executive Business Finance Pty Ltd will not disclose your personal information to overseas recipients. We may disclose your personal information where we are required or authorised by law to disclose your personal information or for any purposes connected to a fraud, crime prevention or impropriety investigation.
Access to personal information
We will take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. If your personal details change, such as your address or phone number, please contact us on Ph: (02) 4579 6669 or Email: email@example.com to update your details. Following a request, we will provide you with a copy of any personal information which we hold about you in accordance with our obligations under the Privacy Act. We may charge a fee for retrieving this information, in which case we will inform you of the fee in advance of providing the information. We undertake to promptly acknowledge and investigate any complaint about the way we manage personal information.
The Manager, Executive Business Finance Pty Ltd PO Box 628 WINDSOR NSW 2756
You can also call us on...
Ph: (02) 4579 6669
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org